All of our assemblies are done in an upbeat multimedia format. After the assembly, students will have a clear understanding of the four forms of bullying: Physical, Verbal, Social and Cyber. They will also understand the role of the Bully, the Bystander and the Target and how to diffuse bullying episodes in a variety of scenarios. The assembly is very entertaining and will serve as a special treat for your student body. The secret to our success is balance. We combine serious teaching with good clean fun for an assembly that your school will love!
We have found that the best way to communicate to students is to speak to them on their level. The ideal way to teach a primary student may be the most ineffective way to address an intermediate student! We have had great success in conducting three separate assemblies for K-8 schools:
PRIMARY Assembly (45 minutes):
- Helps students understand what bullying is
- Teaches empathy to students
- Focuses on treating others the way we would like to be treated
- Lots of interaction, fun games, and audience participation!
JUNIOR Assembly (60 minutes):
- Challenges students to become interveners rather than bystanders in bullying incidents
- Solid teaching on the impact of verbal bullying
- Cautions students not to get involved in cliques, gossip and exclusion
- Filled with funny stories, audience role-playing scenarios and great jokes!
INTERMEDIATE Assembly (60 minutes):
- Strong teaching on the dangers of cyber-bullying
- Challenges Grade 7 and 8 students to be leaders to the rest of the school in bullying prevention
- Gives students a clear understanding of the consequences of bullying
- Lots of embarrassing stories, student interaction and good music!
THE FOLLOW-UP PACKAGE
An assembly on its own is not enough to bring lasting change to a student body. Follow-up and reinforcement is crucial! That is why we provide a free Follow-Up Package with all bookings. The Follow-up Package includes:
Bullying Prevention Pledge Posters
We do an important Anti-Bullying pledge with the students at the end of each assembly. This pledge drives home the responsibility every student has in contributing to a safe and inclusive school. All homeroom teachers will receive a Classroom Poster with our Anti-Bullying pledge. There is space on the poster for students to sign their names as their way of saying "I've taken the pledge!" It is awesome to have the entire student body on the same page, using the same vocabulary with bullying prevention!
The “Stand Up, Reach Out, Tell Someone” Rap CD
This song is performed live in the assembly and drives home the message of the responsibility of bystanders when it comes to bullying prevention. The CD can be played with morning announcements to review the message in a lively and fun way!
Teacher Review Sheet
This one page handout is designed for teachers to review the core message of the assembly with students. This is available for download by clicking here.